Every once in a while, I'll get a comment like, "Oh, is Mom taking a break today?" and it reminds me that there is a small selection of well-intentioned morons in our society. And behind their innocent comments lay my insecurities that they're all looking at my Dad-skills and judging me with a sexist attitude, and that they're probably right to do so.
I call these moments of parenting panic- Mr. Mom moments. Or should we call them Daddy Day Care Moments? When everything is going wrong, and I feel like the whole world is laughing at me, the idiot Dad who can't do anything right.
The other day the expressed milk leaked out of it's bottle (I even put a cap on it) and it was soaked all over my diaper bag; I was trailing dripping milk behind me all through the hallway to the doctor's office.
Then Sasha was running wild in the doctor's office waiting room when I noticed that Juliet's poop had leaked out of her wonderful cloth diaper- all over her onsie and onto the fabric of the car seat carrier. So, I had to clean all this up while Sasha was climbing the walls.
Then, we got home and Sasha sat on the potty like a good girl, but unfortunately she was also sitting on her new disney costume dress, and she peed all over it.
I won't even tell you the details about Sasha's week of "upset tummy" troubles, and my premature decision to transition out of diapers. Why can't I get amnesia for times like those?
Is there a reason that parents of babies and toddlers are constantly talking about poop-related topics? Yes, there is. I'll be good and happy to never have to wipe a butt for the rest of my life. And let me just take this moment to apologize to my poor parents who had to mop up my various messes. Your curses came true nearly 29 years later- I'm knee dip in it.
Rant over. :)
The Cool Dude
5 months ago
2 comments:
Colin,
I know what you mean. I love it when everyone assumes that we dads can't manage to handle the little difficulties our children can throw at us.
CP
Colin,
Today (8/27), Christopher had the runs in the bathtub. Kids are equal opportunity employers. All parents are at a loss where the little cuties' bodily functions (and malfunctions) are concerned.
Celeste
Post a Comment