Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Walking on Eggshells for Juliet

Today I've been cataloging all the times that Juliet cries (at least once an hour). She's such a sensitive soul, there's no telling what will set her off. For instance, in this picture, she's upset that she must share her new book with Sasha.
Photobucket
Actually, I bought the book for Sasha because it's about art. Someday Juliet will inherit it. Speaking of Sasha's art, you can see her wearing an upside down crown that she made in pre-school. (She thinks she looks like Queen Amidala from Star Wars: Phantom Menace.)
Photobucket

Juliet doesn't cry as much when Sasha is away. We had a lovely morning at the Blue Manatee children's bookstore. Juliet had fun drinking cocoa (and dribbling it down her white shirt), while I enjoyed a latte.
Photobucket
Juliet had fun with the seek-and-find table...
Photobucket

Sasha's watching Wall-E right now, while I "work". After lunch, we played a game called shoe store. She made four price tags (learned what a cents symbol looks like), and we added those prices to four pairs of differently sized shoes. Then she came in to the "shoe store". We measured her feet and then measured the shoes. She had to pay me the appropriate price out of 20 pennies, and then we counted the change back together. It was a combination of two different ideas from productiveparenting.com.

No comments: